[Mgs] options for lowering 74.5 mgb?

cyberemp at comcast.net cyberemp at comcast.net
Sat Jul 28 00:29:19 MDT 2007

Greeting -0-list.
I'm prepping the 74.5 mgb before taking it to "affordable" paint shop. We'll see
if a paint job really is 90% prep work when it's finished.
   I'm going BRG rather than stock white, because those gigantibumpers look like
the afterthoughts of a drunken, half blind, malicious AND disgruntaled auto
design school drop out. But that's just my opinion. ;-)
  I'm thinking that the 74.5 (dual carb. rubber bumper car) should be fairly
easy to lower to the chrome bumper height.
   What are the options for lowering this car?
I'm just prepping it to sell, so I've already bought the interiour kit. Who knew
that autum leaf was so repulsive?
Maybe I can get some vinyl spray paint and...
   No. I've reached the point where I'll never get the additional $ out that I
put into it.

 Just the lowering advice please :-) Ignore the rest. Just the rantings of a
stressed out near-bankrupt MG enthusiast on disability, but who's disability
insurance co. is "deciding" whether to authorize payment. Funny, when I owed
them money, they sent threatening hate mail within a week. But now that they owe
me money.....
   (mutter mutter mutter...)
Eric
At least I have these fine MGs to fix up and sell. I dream of making a profit,
but only because my labor is not included.
--1946 MG-TC
Car # 1354
X-pag# 1945
black/green

1959 MGA
HDL43/65240
Engine # BP15GB 13501
(Early 1956 motor. Balanced, reground isky cam about the same as the moss fast
road cam grind. Oversize mgb valves.Sacraligeous overdrive. Yea, that's my baby
:-)
Stock Glacier blue,
black int. white piping.(or was it grey?)

65 mgb #GHN3L/ 55205
no engine plate
Green, black w/ white piping interior

1970 MGB # GHN5UA217587 G
Engine # 18G-WE-H-42967
Man 8/70
stock color Flame red. Black int.

71 MGB # GHN5UB 220942 G
engine # 18GK-WE-H-1768
Man 9/70
stock color  orange,(blaze?) black int.

74.5 MGB# GHN5UE364051 G
Engine # (to be filled in later).
white with black int. (Wrong color to go with those Gigantibumpers).

So many cars, so little parking