[Mgs] MGB Caliper installed

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Tue Jul 24 10:51:14 MDT 2007

Warning: commercial content

I was contacted by a CNC shop a couple of months ago. The shop owner
owned an MGB and made up a piston installation tool for his own use. The
tool is a copy of the factory 18G590 with the piston adapter exactly
machined to accept the oil seal retainer ring.  He was able to get a
very sweet deal on a nice clamp assembly and I agreed to buy a bunch of
them and put them on the shelf. With the adapter reversed, it can be
used to safely retract the piston when changing brake pads. No more
levers and screwdrivers.

Moss part number is 386-280 retail $29.95

I can send a picture to anyone interested.

Kelvin Dodd
Moss Motors