[Mgs] 64 Brake Master

Bob Howard mgbob at juno.com
Mon Jul 23 07:55:17 MDT 2007

  If this is the 'tandem master cylinder', it's not all that more
difficult that removing the top from a jar of peanut butter, except that
there is a circlip  (#14 in workshop manual) that is 3/4 inch or so
inside the bore after the circlip (#16) has been removed first.  #14 can
be difficult to see if there is dirt in the bore.  If dirt is a problem,
just keep rinsiing it with brake cleaner as you proceed, so you can see
the little bits inside.
Bob