[Mgs] 80 MGB - Cross member to Body bolt

Henry D. Reynolds hdr at pobox.com
Tue Jul 17 12:57:26 MDT 2007

i had a similar problem and discovered that my front-end clunk came from
the bottom of the kingpin where the inner sleeve was just enough longer
than the cast part of the bottom of the kingpin where it connects to the
lower control arms to produce a "clunk" during take-off and while
stopping. grinding down the spacer fixed it. you can test it by jacking
up the car and seeing how much fore and aft play there is where the
kingpin connects to the lower A-arms.

--

 Alle Menschen werden Br|der.

      Henry D. Reynolds - System Administrator
    mail: hdr at pobox.com - phone: 512.448.3617 - cell: 512.699.8658
  PGP Key 407DCDE1 Fpr: 3F 5A FD F6 E5 40 55 9C  7F 0F 81 F5 0A E6 3B 7F