[Mgs] heater core leak advice

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jul 15 03:15:43 MDT 2007

Not only that, but in the summer it is probably off i.e. not flowing any
coolant anyway.  If your valve shuts off fully then you can get away with
removing the left-hand (facing forwards)  hose i.e. the one that connects to
the pipe by the rocker cover from the heater and plugging it with an old
spark-plug and hose clip.  If the valve doesn't fully shut off, or to be
sure it won't leak, do the same with the other hose as well.  The two hoses
don't need to be connected together.  If your summer is anything like ours
i.e. raining every day you might need to clear the screen from time to time,
but the air direction and flow will be just the same, and cold air is
actually better at that than hot anyway.