[Mgs] Diff oil

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jul 14 08:19:01 MDT 2007

The first part is liable to results in loads of opinions and no definitive
answer.  Whether rebuilt or not the MGB axle isn't that particular and any
decent quality oil will be fine.

The 2nd part the reverse i.e. don't use additives.

Funnily enough I've just got back from a tour of 1st World War battlefields
in Belgium where I met a chap who was a senior engineer at Laycocks involved
in the design of MGB gearboxes, overdrives and rear axles, and later worked
at Abingdon from the mid-60s to mid-70s.  If you'd asked earlier I could
have asked him, he said to call if I have any questions.