[Mgs] More brake and wheel well pix

Rick Lindsay rolindsay at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 20:22:31 MDT 2007

Hello friends,
   I'm still waiting for the front caliper piston
seals so I have moved my attention to the rear axle
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0651.JPG .  Dissasembly
of the driver's side is now complete
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0693.JPG ,
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0695.JPG .
   With the brakes removed I decided to clean and
repaint the backing plate gloss black,
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0697.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0698.JPG ,
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0699.JPG ,
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0700.JPG .  I then
realized how bad the wheel well looked
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0701.JPG , so I painted
it semi-gloss black
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0696.JPG and moved to the
front http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0702.JPG and
painted that wheel well black
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0703.JPG .  In all these
pictures, the paint is still wet and looks glossy
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0707.JPG .  And of
course, the flash always makes paint look glossy.
   Once the paint dries (over tonight) I can begin
reassembling the rear brake.  I have all the parts for
that work - new brake shoes and new brake slave
cylinders.  I need to clean and refinish the adjuster,
springs, assorted hardware and handbrake levers.  Once
that is all complete, I can button-up that corner.
One down, 2-1/2 to go!

Regards,

rick
'70 MGB