[Mgs] 175/65/14 Tires for MGB???

James Nazarian james.nazarian at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 16:35:34 MDT 2007

As others have said, it's all about offset and tires.  I have 15x6s on my V8
with 25mm offset for street wheels.  The tires are 205x50R15 and I had to
roll the fender lips  to make it work.  My slicks are 15x7 with 22mm offset
IIRC and the same size tire and they don't rub either.

To roll the lips I used a 2lb sledge on the inside and a 2lb rubber mallet
on the outside to back up the sheet metal.  The work isn't visible from the
outside, but I wouldn't do this after painting.

The axle will stay much better located if all the suspension bushings are
replaced with urethane.  I've never had any tire rub with these parts, while
my roadster has stock bushings, wheels and 185x70R14 tires.  The tires on
the roadster rub the inner fenders when autocrossing.

IIRC on both of my cars, the axle is offset 1/4" to one side.

James