[Mgs] Left front axle reassembled, with a pix.

Rick Lindsay rolindsay at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 15:46:49 MDT 2007

Hello friends,
   Found a little time this afternoon to reassemble
the left front axle and hub.  If you have followed my
notes you may remember this 'before' picture
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0653.JPG .  Here's how it
looked right before reinstalling the hub and new rotor
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0685.JPG .
   The hub and new rotor were mated and the rear wheel
bearings and grease seal were installed
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0686.JPG .  Here's a
close-up of the bearing and seal
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0687.JPG .
   The grease cap was installed after installing the
shims, outer wheel bearing, lock-washer and nut -
torqued to 45+ lb-ft
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0691.JPG .
   Here's how the final solution looks, without
brakes, http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0690.JPG .
   Once the rebuild kits arrive I will reassemble the
pistons to the caliper and brake assembly will begin.
   Happy Sunday afternoon.

rick
'70 MGB Tourer
'79 Ferrari 308GTB

PS: In case any of you are bored and have a few hours
of extra time, here a link to the pictures of my
308GTB's restoration - still a little bit in progress
http://www.aubard.us/Ferrari/ .