[Mgs] (no subject)

Rabeys at aol.com Rabeys at aol.com
Thu Jul 5 22:15:06 MDT 2007

Thanks to all for the tips on the brakes etc.  I've watched my  brother quite
some time ago replace the cylinders an show me how to make  adjuments, but
unless I actually do it myself I forget.  And even then,  sometimes I still
forget.  I decided not to tackle the brakes myself.   Good days in Oregon are few
and far between...what I envisioned happening is me  tearing it apart, not
being able to get it back together, ordering a tow and  getting it back in time
for the rain.

When I took it in, they confirmed my initial thought on all the grime that
had built up on that wheel.  It was actually an axle leak...just need some
gaskets and O ring.  For some reason, given other factors, I just figured  it was
the rear cylinders.  It was so wet and gunky in there, it was  hard  for me
to tell.  I was also told that the other reason I was  having a hard time
getting pressure built up is that the drums have been turned  one to many times.
The brakes were out as far as they could go apparently,  but the shoes werent
reaching the drum anymore...I guess on the one side.   They checked the other
and it was OK.  I ended up bringing them the drum  off my parts car, and they
had it fixed up in no time.  So she is back on  the road.

Live and learn...Stephanie