[Mgs] 18 cylinders of MG

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Thu Jul 5 10:50:21 MDT 2007

Paul,

I appreciate the desire to go MG but to me the soul will not be
there.  I would rather buy a Miata, prise off the badges and stick MG
ones on - Having suffered from Chinese made stuff I just wonder what
the car will be like. Stuff is actually getting worse - I am into my
4th Cuisinart percolator this year already and 50% of my
auto-electronics has gone manual.   I will predict that Lucas will
look like the rock of Gibraltar when the Rhucas electric gear comes
out with the "MG".

At 11:11 AM 7/5/2007, Paul Root wrote:
>That's cool. Congratulations!
>
>I know it's heracy to say on this list. But, I hope the Nanjing MG
>comes to America. I'll be in the market for a car
>in 2009 or so (when my oldest turns 16, he can have the Subaru).
>

>Paul.
>

>On Jul 5, 2007, at 9:02 AM, Paul Hunt wrote:
>
> > Having owned my roadster for about 17 years, and the V8 for 12
> > years, I've been waiting to get my hands on a ZS 180 (2.5 litre V6,
> > 175 bhp, 177 ft lb, 0-60 7.3s, 139 mph) since I test-drove one not
> > long after they were launched in 2001, to near universal acclaim
> > from the usually cynical and MG Rover-knocking motoring
> > journalists.  Finally, through a relative in the trade, a really
> > good one popped up and I've bought it.  This one really did have my
> > name on it, its registration includes my three initials - albeit in
> > reverse order.  Now the long-suffering Navigator can spend some
> > time at least in climate controlled, leather seated luxury.  The
> > car is a 2004 face-lift model with the much improved frontal
> > styling and interior.  When these first came out I wasn't keen on
> > the rear styling as it is rather heavy, but I don't even mind that
> > anymore :o)
> >
> > PaulH.
>

>Paul Root
>ptrmgb at gmail.com
>77 MGB
>99 OBS
>
>///
>///  mgb-v8 at autox.team.net mailing list
>///  Send admin requests to majordomo at autox.team.net
>///  Send list postings to mgb-v8 at autox.team.net
>///  Edit your replies!  If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.
>///

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson