[Mgs] 18 cylinders of MG

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 5 08:02:09 MDT 2007

Having owned my roadster for about 17 years, and the V8 for 12 years, I've
been waiting to get my hands on a ZS 180 (2.5 litre V6, 175 bhp, 177 ft lb,
0-60 7.3s, 139 mph) since I test-drove one not long after they were launched
in 2001, to near universal acclaim from the usually cynical and MG
Rover-knocking motoring journalists.  Finally, through a relative in the
trade, a really good one popped up and I've bought it.  This one really did
have my name on it, its registration includes my three initials - albeit in
reverse order.  Now the long-suffering Navigator can spend some time at
least in climate controlled, leather seated luxury.  The car is a 2004
face-lift model with the much improved frontal styling and interior.  When
these first came out I wasn't keen on the rear styling as it is rather
heavy, but I don't even mind that anymore :o)