[Mgs] New Harness has arrived

Rabeys at aol.com Rabeys at aol.com
Tue Jul 3 23:52:42 MDT 2007

man i wish i knew about this list when i re-wired my Midget.  i tore  the
whole thing out, got the new one and followed the wiring diagram.  i  sent my
vin# and all that to Moss.  i got the car started and was so sure  it was going
to catch on fire that i couldnt get excited right away about my  success.  the
one problem i had  was the charging circuit was missing  a wire...forgive me
if i mess up my terminology.  my red ignition warning  lamp went on like it was
supposed to but would not go back off.  i noticed  that the plug on the new
harness for the altenator only had 2 wires but my old  one had 3. discovered a
wire was missing from the altenator to the solenoid i  believe it was.  i
connected a new one in and it was fine.

i also had the mystery wires and sometimes the harness wire color wouldnt
match up with some of my lights.  was a process of elimination  sometimes.  my
brother sent me a website that has been quite useful.   maybe it will help you
too.  _http://www.dimebank.com/LucasColours.html_
(http://www.dimebank.com/LucasColours.html) .    It is a very simple table that tells what the colors of
the wires mean.

I have also since learned to go over connections with more electric tape
even though they have rubber connectors for the bullets and seem secure.  i  had
a wire associated with the fuel pump corrode..something ground out and it
fried my rear harness from the pump to underneath the dash where it connected
with the main harness.  i never did tell my dad who was a passenger at that
time.  i cant believe he didnt feel the heat or get set on fire!  im a  bad
daughter.  he was just so proud at the time that i fixed it i couldnt  bare to tell
him...  stephanie :)