[Mgs] MG, how heavy art thou? And, a fateful tale of four fenders

cyberemp at comcast.net cyberemp at comcast.net
Mon Jul 2 23:07:34 MDT 2007

Hello list.
I'm thinking of buying a car carrier to carry the various projects to paint
shop. I'll also use it to move in a few months.
I'm torn between renting the u-haul or buying, but I need to know weight of car.
Can't read the plate on the 74.5. looks like ?803. I'm guessing 1803, but could
be 2803lbs Maybe the bumpers weigh in at 1803lbs. The engines what, around
750lbs? Probably 2803, but kindly check for me?

Four fenders.
When I bought the 1965MGB roadster, it came with four new fenders, still in the
bubble wrap. Moss fenders.
I can fix what's already on the car with my welding device. And a B.F.H. :-)
Anyone interested in buying fenders at a decent % of the moss price? Trade for
car hauler? I'm
not sure where I'll park the car hauling trailer, but I'll manage.
I am located in San Francisco Bay area.
--
Eric
46 MGTC