[Mgs] Turn Indicator no worky

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Wed Aug 29 10:23:18 MDT 2007

I have a 1970  MGB GT body which I think has the original steering
column.  I have just fitted a new turn indicator stalk assembly and
new wiper stalk assembly.  The former fitted because I know I dropped
parts out of the original during a stupid over zealous dis-assembly -
and result was it no longer self cancelled.  So thus the new
part.  However, on test it still does not self cancel and I wonder if
there is some trick to the rotating bit that sticks up to the
steering wheel (I have a Moto-lite).  I also cannot get the back two
screws on the shroud (I installed  77-80 dash and put shroud on).  It
seems they are NC 10/32 bolts against the NF ones used to pinch the
two shroud parts together  Can anyone help with some sage advice?

Thank you very much in advance for your response

Regards

Barrie Robinson
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII in the wings
http://www.britishv8.org/MG/BarrieRobinson.htm

PURVEYOR  of O-ring kits for Smith and Jaeger gauges
                         Stainless steel mesh grilles for MGBs
                         High-tech sound deadening materials
                       .........and Exotic wood gear lever knobs