[Mgs] Home-Built Flywheel Holder

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 11:57:05 MDT 2007

WSpohn4 at aol.com wrote:
Just one more example of the inherent superiority of the 3  main design - the
flywheel is held on by studs that are inserted in the crank  from the block
side and nuts (nice big regular hex nuts) on the rear side that  you can get a
wrench onto!  None of these wimpy thin headed flat  bolts!

The only possible PITA is if you need to replace the studs,  you'd have to
remove the rear main cap for access.  But then you rarely  need to replace studs
except at rebuild.

Good to know, Bill, since my '65 has a 3-main engine sitting in it that will be coming out as soon as I wrap up this '76 engine deal....

      Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - <cough cough> What's that smoke? <cough cough>
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
  '04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328
  http://dans65b.blogspot.com/