[Mgs] Moss tube shock conversion

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Mon Aug 27 13:32:16 MDT 2007

Paul:

The kit Oliver installed uses a pair of off the shelf non adjustable
shocks that are reasonably priced. As fitted they are only slightly
stiffer than the standard lever arm dampers and should retain their
damping effectiveness for many miles.

I'm not going to argue one way or the other on tube vs lever shocks.
We've all been down that road many times.

After a total revamp of the kit about 3 years ago (partly the result of
list feedback) the kit does offer an alternative that is cost effective,
comfortable and has good damping control.

Part of the testing I did during development was to drive the 1973 MGB
test car with two adults across a rutted vacant lot and building site.

Kelvin Dodd

fail