[Mgs] Moss tube shock conversion

Aaron Whiteman awhitema at panix.com
Sun Aug 26 20:12:26 MDT 2007

On Aug 26, 2007, at 3:10 PM, Oliver wrote:

> i chose this route because it was over $100 cheaper than
> replacing/rebuilding the lever shocks and associated parts.

I beg to differ.

http://www.nosimport.com/shoxcatalog.htm

Moss Front shock Conversion: $450-700 (depending on the kit)

2 replacement shocks from World Wide Auto Parts ("Better than New"):
$150 + $120 core

Moss Rear shock Conversion: $250-400 (depending on kit)

2 replacement shocks from World Wide Auto Parts: $121 + $60 core

I see a difference of between $400 between the cost of WWAP's
rebuilds and Moss' Kit, and I have no idea what sort of hardware you
would need to find $500 worth.  Certainly I didn't need to buy a
single extra part.

Personally, I am VERY happy with the quality of Peter's work, and the
lifetime warranty is just additional peace of mind.