[Mgs] MGB Clutch Problem

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 09:02:36 MDT 2007

The usual comment is that the tapped holes *are* the same, but for the MGB
application the bleed nipple comes in the wrong, lower hole.  This may be
for packaging reasons, or more likely it is the same as for an earlier
application where the nipple needs to be in the other hole.  Clutch bleeding
is a pain anyway, by far the easiest way is to connect the clutch nipple to
the right-hand caliper nipple (they are the same size), open both and use
the brake pedal gently to reverse fill or bleed the clutch.  I've done this
twice now, it only takes seconds, and gives the correct 1/2" to 5/8" of
clutch travel straight away.  With the smaller metal brake masters you do
have to be careful not to run the level too low or you will have to bleed
the brakes as well!  With the clear plastic ones it is easy to see and
doesn't take much out anyway.