[Mgs] Price Of Two 6 Volt Batteries

Simon Matthews simon.d.matthews at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 15:18:42 MDT 2007

On 8/23/07, Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven at planet.nl> wrote:
> M have to correct myself - I would NOT dare to drive a Pius with such
speed.

> Yes SUV's may well be worse, but basicly these things have been designed on
> a truck basis.
> And we all know trucks are made for carrying loads at speeds of about 50 -
> 70 mph and not 100!
> Recently a TV special was broadcast overhere about how the SUV was born -
> caused by a Californian law with all kind of restrictions for normal cars,
> which were not applicable for trucks.

Minivans (designed for families) originally "benefitted" from the same
exemptions -- they were originally treated as trucks.

> So the truck was equipped with some seats and voila the SUV was born....
> SUV should not be used for moving people - these cars are fuel swallowing
> monsters with the worst road manners. Best is to put the Prius engine into
> the SUV, which will lower the power and speed of the SUV to safe limits.
> Will safe some fuel as well.

Will not happen any time soon. DId you know that you can buy
motorcycles with larger engines than my MGA (or a Prius).  Also, it is
somewhat impractical: we do have significant hills in California.  I
am amazed that the Prius can make it up some of these hills.

Regards,
Simon