[Mgs] Price Of Two 6 Volt Batteries

Bob Howard mgbob at juno.com
Thu Aug 23 07:54:08 MDT 2007

   Just last night I listened as a couple of Bentley owners talked about
6v batteries.
   Their observations were  ( this is in USA )  that 6v batteries
available these days are built with technology from the 1960s,  in small
numbers, and that they do not have a long life.  One said, as you did,
that he had a pair fail in a year, and that there was no 6v battery he
had found that was available with any warranty.
   Expensive, unreliable and no warranty. Not good news for those who
want them.
   I use a single 12v in my '72 GT, as I tired of th 6v hassle some years
back.
Bob