[Mgs] Price Of Two 6 Volt Batteries

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 23 07:35:01 MDT 2007

You *were* ripped off!  Did you shop around?  MGOC is quoting #86 (including
UK VAT at 17.5%) for a pair of 6v or #72 to #78 for a single 12v, and they
aren't the cheapest.  That equates to Eur127 or $173 for the 6v.  You'd have
to add shipping to that, but even so ...

Are you sure it is the batteries the are the problem?  Did you do a
volt-drop check on the wiring and connectors?  Bad connections will make
slightly weak, or even fully charged batteries look like they are nearly
dead.  Mine can stand being left for 2 or 3 months without any charge and
there is only a slight drop-off in cranking speed after that.  I've had
these a while now, but they are only the 2nd set in 17 years.

Why stay with the old ones?  'Cos that's what the car came with.