[Mgs] Price Of Two 6 Volt Batteries

palte at gmx.net palte at gmx.net
Thu Aug 23 06:17:33 MDT 2007

Hello fellow listers,

I was shocked to find that the cost of two 6V batteries is pretty steep.
Last year, I bought two of them for an already hefty EUR 135,-- (USD 175).

Unfortunately, I had to replace them again, as I did not use the car
very often during the last year (that's an understatement) and I was stupid enough to forget to recharge them in time.

Today, I was charged EUR 250,-- (USD 310) for two of them
(in both cases including tax at 19%).

The argument was that they are difficult nowadays to obtain and
that the cost of lead has gone up dramatically.

Have I been ripped off?

Bert
Holland, Europe
1970 MGB