[Mgs] Advice wanted on MGB Brake Master Cylinder

James Nazarian james.nazarian at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 22:40:10 MDT 2007

If the ring doesn't come out easily I usually drill a series of holes in it
until I can break it apart and extract the bits with tweezers.

In my experience, the only rebuilds that are successful are those where the
MC was working when the car was parked and the seals disintegrated due to
age.  If the MC is worn to the point of leaking, then the bore is typically
worn enough that a rebuild won't last more than a few months.  For all the
hassle of installation, I'd just replace it unless you know for sure that it
was working prior to the car being laid up for decades.

James