[Mgs] turn signal

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Aug 20 09:30:30 MDT 2007

If neither the turn or the hazard flashers work at that corner then it is
the circuit for that corner.  Could be one of the two green/white (RHS) or
green/red (LHS) wires pulled out of the four-way bullet connector near the
fusebox where the rear harness tees off it.  Could also be the 2-way
connector where the tail from the light unit joins the harness wire, the
bulb in its holder, or where the wires join the holder.  Chrome bumper front
indicator/parking lights don't have a ground wire as such, they rely on the
mechanical attachment to the wing.  If the body of the light unit shows 12v
then it is indeed the ground.

If however you are saying that only one corner doesn't work for the turn
signals, and *both* corners that side for the hazards don't work, then you
have two faults.  This is likely to be the hazard switch, or the red/green
(or red/white wire) disconnected from the switch.

If you have a modern 3-pin electronic turn signal flasher unit then these do
indeed flash fast when one bulb has failed.  But judging by what one sees on
the road not many people know that.