[Mgs] Acceleration problem

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Thu Aug 16 12:29:27 MDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 08:56:34PM -0700, Pat Leask wrote:
# My 1800cc motor runs flat at a specific spot when accelerating and I've run
# out of ideas.. HELP!
# The problem is when accelerating it goes fine until ONE SPECIFIC SPOT where
# it flattens out. Speed is maintained but no more acceleration, you can hear
# and feel it wanting more of something, like a high speed miss. There is a
# "Sweet spot" on the throttle where it will or will not do this, very
# definitive.

You may want to consider mounting a wideband O2 sensor and guage (I
assume that you;re running unleaded gas), to see what your mixture is
doing when this happens. If you see it going lean or rich, that'll
give you an idea of where to look.

--
                All your apex are belong to us.