[Mgs] Overdrive oil

Bob Howard mgbob at juno.com
Sun Aug 12 10:11:26 MDT 2007

  The purpose of the detergent is to keep the crud from engine operation
in suspension so it can be filtered and drained out of the engine. There
is none of that in the gearbox, so detergent is unnecessary.
Non-detergent is not always easy to find, and MG did not specify
non-detergent, so one must assume that MG believed the gearbox would be
happy with either oil.
Bob