[Mgs] Oil ine fitting - HELP!

Craig Straub craigstraub at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 10 15:58:50 MDT 2007

About 2 weeks ago I put my freshly rebuilt engine that was done by a machine
shop back in the car.  I started to hook up the ancillaries and found that I
had a problem.

The machine shop had put the oil line fitting in backwards that  is towards
the rear of the engine.  Normally this fitting takes a 1" socket however there
is a slight factory bulge in the metal line not allowing the socket to slip
over.

Does any one have a suggestion on what to do other than pulling the engine out
again and taking off the back plate?

Thanks,

Craig