[Mgs] Acceleration problem

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Fri Aug 10 05:57:40 MDT 2007

I would make sure the carb pistons can travel up and down freely the
full travel. They should also drop down with a mild clunk at the bottom.
My guess is that the pistons stick or bind partway on their rise. My
67BGT had this problem at one time. Make sure the carb damper oil is
adequate and of a motor oil type and viscosity similar to the engine,
too light or too heavy can cause problems.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B