[Mgs] Need info on original 1968-71 MGB fog lamp switch

Hans Duinhoven h.duinhoven at planet.nl
Thu Aug 9 00:43:13 MDT 2007

In the Netherlands youngsters can get their driving license after passing
several exams - only at the age of 18+. Even for mopeds a driver license is
only haded over after passing a theoretical exam.
For towin a caravan etc. a special exam has to be apssed - also for trucks
and buses.
But both theoretical and practice part of the lessons and exams contain
topics about car technology, environment (i.e. how to drive the car most
economically and least polluting) etc.
Until reaching the age of 24, young drivers are heavily punished when
offending traffic rules including drinking and driving afterwards.
The driver license is bound to a so called point system.
Every serious traffic law violation will put negative points to the license
and a ceratin level, the license will be taken from the bad driver.

Anyway this helps I think - it forms a threat in the freedom of movement
(going back to public transport is not a nice thing) and by this will keep
the behaviour within acceptable limits. (At least it does work with our 2
sons).

Cheers,

Hans