[Mgs] On the road to Pocono

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Wed Aug 8 08:52:08 MDT 2007

On the road again!   Early Thursday morning (less than 24 hours from
now)  my son Elliot and I will be taking the red MGA (with black
trailer in tow) heading east from Naperville, IL.  The first day
Thursday only) we will be traveling with a friend in a white MGA.  We
have a short morning stop in the sticks off US-30 near Hanna, IN, to
visit my brother.  We will be in Bowling Green, OH, momentarily in
early afternoon at Snook's Dream Cars - http://snooksdreamcars.com
By early evening we will be in a campground in eastern Ohio at OH 303
and OH-57, just southwest of Cleveland.

Friday we will be high-tailing it solo heading east on I-80 to arrive
in Pocono Manor, PA, hopefully around 3 pm.  We will be grounded
there from Friday evening to Sunday morning for the MG Drive In
festivities. - http://www.mgdriversclub.com/upcoming/drivein11.html

Sunday we will be expressing it up I-380 and I-81 to Syracuse, NY,
then west on I-90.  By mid afternoon we will be pitching tent at
Niagara Falls Campground (Good Sam Park) -
http://www.niagarafallscampground.net
We intend to spend the rest of the day at the Falls, then back to the
campground late night.

Monday morning we expect to spend a little time on the Canadian side
of the Falls, then head west on the QEW, C-2. C-403, C-401, arriving
London, Ontario, by mid afternoon, checking into London/401 KOA. -
http://koa.com/where/on/55210
Elliot visits a friend in London while I have time to kill.  Anyone
in the neighborhood?

Tuesday we head home via C-401 to Windsor/Detroit, then likely
express on I-94 west through Michigan (unless something interesting
can distract us), around the lake through Indiana and back into
Illinois.  We expect to be back home by Tuesday evening.

With a few side trips and a bit of run-around this might make about
2000 miles in 6 days.  I should be able to check e-mail and BBS
during the trip, likely late night daily.  Otherwise keep the
messages short for a while.  See you on the road.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com