[Mgs] Need info on original 1968-71 MGB fog lamp switch

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Tue Aug 7 10:56:46 MDT 2007

Paul:

I don't have access to an original switch, but dissecting one of our
repros indicates that the guts are exactly the same as the headlight
switch, except that on the headlight has the power feed ganged across
terminals 3 - 4. The driving lamp switch does not giving separate feed
to the two lamp circuits. This makes sense, so I'm going with it.

In the US you are required to have headlamps on with fog lamps (which
makes absolutely no sense to me), but it's unlikely to be enforced in
most states.

I want to ensure that when we make a new production run the switch
performs as original, then the installer can wire it as they wish.
Personally if I had my way, I'd add the later 73-76 green jewel at the
top and make it so it will illuminate when on, but that's going beyond
the originality theme.

Kelvin Dodd

In