[Mgs] Need help re MGB windshield replacement.

Larry Richardson lrichardson4665 at centurytel.net
Mon Aug 6 15:09:33 MDT 2007

I'm a long time board lurker but have never posted before.

I have a 1977 MGB Roadster, my step-father bought it when it was new, then
traded it to me for my '75B almost 20 years ago.

I've recently rebuilt the engine, new front end bushings and seals,
recarpeted, and now am doing the dirty deed, replacing the windshield.

The problem I've run into is in reassembling it, I'm threading the frame to
body seal into the lower frame, however I don't have the frame attached to the
side post on the left side yet. I'm wondering  how to attach the lower frame
to the side post once the seal is properly located. How do I then get  the 2
screws that attach the lower frame to the side frame into their position, as
the seal will then be covering where they mount.

It appears to me that if I tried attaching the frame prior to mounting the
seal, there just isn't any room to slide the seal into the frame.

Can any of you resident experts here help me out on this?

Larry Richardson
1977 MGB