[Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 3, Issue 11

Duvall Mike duvallcom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 6 09:55:59 MDT 2007

What Max says here is true.    I suggest if your A is overheating you
refer to the wealth of information at Barney Gaylords site:

http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/cooling/cool_1.htm

Personally,  first check your actually temperature with a
thermometer.  You can easily open your radiator since it is not a
sealed system.  (use a rag, it is still hot!) Most gauges are
incorrect.  I run a blanking plate with themostat, (essential for hot
weather, harder to warm up in cold) and I supplement cooling with an
electric fan (I still have my fan blades. there is nothing wrong with
using both).   In really hot weather the electric works well.

I also have my original radiator which has never been soldered shut
by a radiator shop.

Mike