[Mgs] Engine Out!

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 09:16:22 MDT 2007

Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase at yahoo.com> wrote: As noted earlier, I pulled the engine and trans from the '76B this week-end, not a bad job at all, other than jiggering around with the jack and jack stands at various points..... Got the transmission and clutch off, now I am faced with the flywheel and those darn locking tabs...... Do you just bang them down and then replace that part? Also, I suspect that I'll need to lock the flywheel in place somehow (although the clutch bolts came out easily enough, i.e., compression seemed to hold the assembly in place). Any thoughts or home-made tools for that?

Thx....

      Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - <cough cough> What's that smoke? <cough cough>
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
  '04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328
  http://dans65b.blogspot.com/