[Mgs] My Continuing Quest to Cool my MGA (now Header Tank)

Wilkmanracing at aol.com Wilkmanracing at aol.com
Mon Aug 6 07:49:17 MDT 2007

and I
have trouble getting it up to temperature on an 80 deg.  day.<<<<<

Interesting.  When I ran an MGB in VARA racing I installed a header  tank to
add additional coolant capacity and give a place for the water to expand  when
hot. This seemed to help my B run cooler in races.  I ran my  lines to and
from the header tank by inserting some aluminum "T" fixtures (from  Pegasus
Racing Supplies) into the upper and lower radiator hoses, thus  allowing me to tap
the hoses leading to and from the tank into these coolant  flow areas.  In
looking at my MGA, I was thinking I could route water to a  header tank by
taking the hoses leading to and from the heater and routing them  to a header tank
instead.  Any thoughts on this?

Bill Wilkman