[Mgs] MG's...and Ham Radio......

Eric Erickson eric at erickson.on.net
Sun Aug 5 17:36:05 MDT 2007

--- Steve <temporarilyoffline at gmail.com> wrote:

> Beyond the merits of just playing with electronics,
> what's the big deal?  I don't know enough to see
> the purpose of it all.  Help a brother out.

Yet you will chat with random people all over the world via e-mail?

I think Amateur Radio came first - then the mail-list  :-)

I used to belong to a radio club that was the first in Australia to
have a "club (novice) call" -  VK6NFL.  this mean that those without
a licence can use the equipment (under supervisions of a fully
licenced operator).