[Mgs] Big Brakes/Pads

Chris Attias cattias at ucsc.edu
Sat Aug 4 14:55:52 MDT 2007

I was wondering whether there was a significant difference in piston
size between the stock calipers and the Wilwoods.  I'm guessing that
if there was, it might have some bearing on effort required, ability
to modulate braking, and lockup point.

I would think that the two most obvious advantages of the Wilwood
setup would be a slightly lower unsprung weight with aluminum
calipers--probably not noticeable in a B--and the greater selection
of pads from Wilwood.  There were LOTS of pads with different
characteristics available for the calipers I have on my S IIA Land
Rover.

Kelvin:  How did you find a Wilwood caliper with dust seals?  Are
they a special run?

--
Chris Attias
Felton, CA