[Mgs] resto-sell 74.5 MGB, the continuing saga.

cyberemp at comcast.net cyberemp at comcast.net
Fri Aug 3 18:46:15 MDT 2007

Hi list.
thanks for all the suggestions on lowering car.
I saw the the title of my original post "lowering sugestions for 74.5 mgb" had
been changed to "resto-sell mgb"
That's actually more accurate.
The good news is, back disability check arrived at last!
Bad news, I spent a bunch of it on MG parts!

I know I should just "tart her up and sell her" (yes, I mean the car)!  but
those of you who work on your own cars probably know that once you've taken
something apart, you want to do it right. So I'm replacing bushings and other
suspension items while I'm at it. Just as engine out= clutch throw out bearing,
and clutch if needed.

Engine is a 76-80 # block. I took compression while it was cold. (on garage
floor, in fact) and #s came up around 135.
My recollection is that I should look for #s around 150lbs, but my manual only
goes up to 1972. I am wondering if the lower numbers are acceptable for an
engine that probably has lower compression, and is cold at the time of test.

Down side is that the more $ I put into the car, the less I'll make over
investment.
Even though my labor is not included in costs.
Eric
1946 MG-TC
65 MGB
70 MGB