[Mgs] Moss Big Brake Kit

WSpohn4 at aol.com WSpohn4 at aol.com
Thu Aug 2 17:01:21 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/2/2007 3:52:21 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
eric at erickson.on.net writes:

I now  have disc brakes on the rear yet I believe they have made no
substantial difference to my braking on the racetrack from in excess
of 100mph.

____________________________________

I run 4 wheel discs on my MGA race car and the main virtue is  that they will
never fade. Having said that, rear drums don't usually fade much  with decent
shoes as the vast majority of braking effort is on the front. In  fact I once
had a problem with my rear brakes back when I was running drums  (before I
could convince them that such a thing as the 1600 Deluxe existed). I  just
removed the line at the T on the frame and inserted a bleed screw to block  it off
without telling anyone in tech. Running with front brakes only wasn't  much
different than usual, except that it seemed to affect the trailing braking
technique I use to settle the car on the suspension part way into the corner -  no
big deal.

Bill