[Mgs] Speaking of engine removal.....

mark.jones at exxonmobil.com mark.jones at exxonmobil.com
Wed Aug 1 09:11:14 MDT 2007

Dan,

Use the rocker arm studs and an engine leveler.  I bought one last year
when I pulled the engine and transmission out of my 73 B-GT.  The leveler
makes it so easy to get the engine out, one of the best purchases I have
ever made.  It makes taking the engine out and putting it back a one person
job.

Mark
73 MGB-GT

From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase at yahoo.com>
Subject: [Mgs] Speaking of engine removal.....

I'm getting ready to pull the engine and transmission (together!) from my
'76 B. I just bought a hoist and need to get chains or straps to attach to
it. What's the consensus on which is better, chains or straps? I've also
heard that some people attach an angle iron across the rocker arm studs and
use chains through that. Looking for advice on specific items I need to get
- strength, etc....

Thx,

      Dan D