[Mgs] Death Trap

Eric Erickson eric at erickson.on.net
Wed Aug 1 07:54:41 MDT 2007

On 01/08/2007, at 11:12 PM, Larry Daniels wrote:

> Frank, that will certainly work, but you will have to delete the
> cookies
> after each time you vote.  If you just block them in the first
> place, you
> will save a couple steps for each vote.

The cookie thing seemed not to work for me - it allowed me to vote
multiple times but it didn't seem to alter the result after the first
vote.

We even tried a string of votes from people at work with the same
result.

Are you sure they are not checking IP Addresses too?  If so then they
would be getting the same IP address (via a cache engine/proxy
server) for the people in my office and that would answer that question.

???

Eric