[Mgb-v8] Holley vs Edelbrock

Keith Grider keith.grider at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 12:50:36 MDT 2010

My experience is that people who say this have little experience with
Carters/Edelbrocks. If all you do is idle and WOT, a Holley is great.
Partial throttle is where the Carter shines, IMO. With a 'strip kit' of
springs, rods and jets, you can dial in a Carter very nicely. It takes a
lot more finesse and bits and pieces to get a Holley dialed in in my
experience.

That said, I would challenge you to demonstrate any difference on the
dyno or on the road between 2 of them which are properly tuned, so the
ability to tune the Carter with stepped rods and jets is the advantage
compared to a 'power valve' and jets that a Holley uses.

Vacuum leak, timing are critical get the basics right and no matter what
you are running it will be better. Also you may find that your
weights/springs in the dizzy could be changed so that you get timing
faster. That can help as well.

$0.02 - YMMV

KeithG