[Mgb-v8] Exhaust manifold gaskets

Roger Comer roger1 at eagle-carbide.com
Wed Nov 4 14:12:39 MST 2009

Barrie, that's a great list thanks for sharing it.

I've been struggling to find an acceptable engine/radiator top hose for my
USA based
MGB V8 Rover conversion. Would you or anyone else on the list have a
supplier name and part number you'd be willing to share?

While I'm on the subject, what do other MGB-V8 conversion owners do when
setting up corner weights. Is there an accepted weight bias front to rear?

And, sump oil levels? I spent some time learning the British standard unit
of measure to US only to find that my dipstick seems to be wrong or is it
the modified sump/oil pan?
(I don't think it would be good to overfill and have the crank whipping up
the oil!!) Right now I fill with 5 US qrts when changing the filter. Is that
good, bad or what?

I have been enjoying reading your posts for a long time. I'm not sure I can
add much to help anyone but I do enjoy these cars, the situations they get
us into and the great people I meet as a result.

Best wishes to you all.
Roger Comer