[Mgb-v8] Carb to dizzy connection

Carl Floyd cmfloyd at chartertn.net
Sun Oct 19 15:15:14 MDT 2008

Some of the British cars may have always used "carb vacuum", but here in the
States, American Iron used full manifold vacuum for many, many years. The
ported vacuum advance was a smog bandaid that was applied in the 70s. These
days the onboard computers handle all that.

Most distributors can be set up either way if you know what you are setting
out to do. Some engines may prefer one over the other. Usually these is not
much difference either way once set up properly. They will both the job on
the street by aiding fuel economy.

I use full manifold vacuum advance on my '79 B because it has a '63 Buick
215 in it.

Carl