[Mgb-v8] Carb to dizzy connection

Bill Zenkus mgb_zenkus at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 18 14:59:21 MDT 2008

Hi Barrie

The passenger side vacuum port is ""timed" meaning vacuum increases with engine speed.

The drivers side port is the "full" vacuum port meaning the vacuum decreases as engine speed increases.

Determine if the dizzy requires increasing or decreasing vacuum to advance the timing then connect to the appropriate port.

If not sure how to check the dizzy, try using a hand vacuum pump connected to the dizzy with a timing light at idle. Watch to see if timing advances (increases degrees of timing before TDC) when applying more vacuum with the pump - if yes, go to the timed port.

Sent from Bill's iPhone!