[Mgb-v8] Fuel Pump Woes

edd.rogers at gm.com edd.rogers at gm.com
Wed Oct 15 10:42:48 MDT 2008

Rick,  you have had 3 fuel pumps fail in rather short order. Maybe the
problem isn't the pump.  I would check out every thing related.  Is the
sock on fuel pick up clogged?   Bad ground? clogged fuel line?  collapsing
draw line from tank?  I find it statistically unlikely that all three
pumps have failed.  maybe the original then a bad replacement but not all
3.  food for thought

Edd Rogers
A Unistaff employee representing General Motors
Sales Engineer
MD Business Center
31 E Judson St
Pontiac MI  48342
Ph:  248.874.3503

"Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk at mossmotors.com>
Sent by: mgb-v8-bounces at autox.team.net
10/15/2008 11:45 AM

"Rick Huber" <hubrick at gmail.com>, <mgb-v8 at autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
Re: [Mgb-v8] Fuel Pump Woes

Rick:

The original SU pump works just fine for a carbureted 3.5L. I've gone
the same route of multiple different after market pumps, but have come
back to the original. Just a thought.

The kicker for me was looking at a UK built V8 powered Group B Rally MG
Metro. They had pulled out the Rover derived V6 and installed a V8 in a
very professional manner. With all of the pumps available, they chose a
good ole' SU one to keep it fed.

Kelvin Dodd

Mgb-v8 mailing list

You are subscribed as edd.rogers at gm.com