[Mg-t] XPAG front crankshaft seal modification

Lawrie lawrie at britcars.com
Sun Dec 3 12:04:50 MST 2017

Len,

I solved this issue by having a tool machined which is a tube the o/d of
the opening, bored to slide over the crankshaft and with a keyway to
allow for the pulley key. After the pan and timing cover (with seal
installed) are fitted to the engine but not fully tightened, the tool is
slid along the nose of the crank until it touches the seal. At this
point, the cover and pan will be forced to be concentric with the crank
nose and to fit evenly around the seal. Then the pan and cover bolts are
tightened, the tool removed, and the pulley lubed and installed on the
crank.

Lawrie