[Mg-t] Just because...

BOB GRUNAU grunau.garage at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 26 08:03:30 MDT 2013

Rick,
oil gauge line connects to the BOTTOM of the oil feed to the head. There is
about 10 psi lower oil pressure reading at thre gauge if connected to the
top, at the head. I guess this is due to restriction in the head feed pipe
or pressure loss through the rockers.
In any case, use the bottom connection which essentially reads oil gallery
pressure in the block.  Makes you feel better to see good oil pressure.
Move the oil feed brass junction fitting lower down to get the flex line to
reach the lower end of the oil feed to head.  I think it lives beside the
battery?
Bob, Canada