[Mg-t] Racing question

John Deikis johnsfolly at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 16:32:34 MDT 2013

John:
two comments:
Your friend would be on firmer ground "proving" Americans were road racing
V8-powered TF's in the 50's (I believe they did TD's). He would then be
classed with other specials-- for vintage, usually dependent upon
performance.
Also, if your friend is from the Great Lakes area, he will likely do most of
his racing with VSCDA, which is a membership club and quite flexible. Entry
fees pay the bills, so the rule of the day is "let's be inclusive and all
play."
-- John Deikis

On Sep 15, 2013, at 8:59 AM, Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie at comcast.net> wrote:

> John, those are some crazy rules since the car itself is close to ten years
after WW II.  My impression was that they put T series cars in the prewar
class because they are relatively slow compared to many of their
contemporaries, or the specific driver's skill level makes him and his car a
good match for the prewar cars.